Our ambition is simple, and this is to provide ‘better, faster and safer care to the population of the Black Country and beyond’ which is encapsulated in our vision statement. In short, we aim to be amongst the best healthcare systems in the NHS.
We see opportunities to make strides in delivery whilst developing, transforming, and innovating our services for our users.
Our plans for improvement grow alongside our ambitions, and we aim to:
- provide support for financial recovery through productivity, efficiency, and quality endeavours
- drive improvements in elective recovery, creating capacity and capability through a systematic approach in achieving national standards for 52-, 78- and 104-week targets
- ‘Level up’ standards of care to improve the health outcomes of the population served
- actively contribute to reductions in health inequalities and ‘unwarranted variations’
- transform services by maximising opportunities through ‘specialisation’ and ‘consolidation’, using all available resources optimally and pursuing a ‘Centres of Excellence’ approach where possible
- restore pride in the Black Country healthcare system by improving performance and quality.